1. Directive 98/79/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 1998 on in vitro diagnostic medical devices. OJ, L 331, 07.12.1998, p1.
2. Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (2007). Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors 2007. London: Pharmaceutical Press.
3. The Human Tissue Act 2004. Available at www.legislation.gov.uk.
4. The Working Party of the Royal College of Pathologists and the Institute of Biomedical Science (2005). The Retention and Storage of Pathological Records and Archives, third edition.
5. Phillips PK, Prior D, Dawes BA (1984). Modified azo-albumin technique for the assay of proteolytic enzymes for use in blood group serology. Journal of Clinical Pathology, 37, 329–331.
6. Moore HC, Mollison PL (1976). Use of low ionic strength medium in manual tests for antibody detection. Transfusion, 16, 291.
7. Lachmann PS, Voak D, Oldridge RG, Downie RM, Bevan PC (1983). Use of monoclonal anti-C3 antibodies to characterise the fragments of C3 that are found on erythrocytes. Vox Sanguinis, 45, 367–372.