Collection - automated
Quality Audit Preparation
Collection of blood from issue fridges – automated
Pathology Issue fridge
Satellite issue fridges
- Senior members of BMS staff
- IT staff
- Staff collecting from fridge
SOP for the process is it:
- In date
- Controlled document
- Regularly reviewed
Computer log/tracking log
Additional Evidence required:
- Training records and competency assessments
- Completed blood collection form for each unit collected
- Time to transport blood from IF to ward
- Return of blood to IF
- Observation of process
- Knowledge assessment
- Area for collection is clean and tidy.
- Temperature of issue fridge monitored 24/7 by switchboard.
- Thermograph working.
- Evidence of regular data logging and confirmation of calibration.
- Handwritten blood collection forms for Porters available.
- Blood register available as manual backup in the event of a computer failure.
- Return of unused units